Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Church Hunt #1: St. John Bosco Parish Makati

So after identifying the churches, we began our ocular session. Our battle plan was to visit around three churches every Sunday until we find the perfect church for us.Of course we'll attend mass wherever there's one ongoing.

For the first Ocular session, we decided to visit all our pre-selected churches in Makati, namely:

  1. St. John Bosco Parish Makati
  2. National Shrine of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
  3. St. Andrew the Apostle Parish
  4. St. Alphonsus Mary de Liguori Parish Church
  5. Santuario De San Antonio Forbes Park

We started at around 11:00 AM and our first destination was St. John Bosco Parish in Makati. Lucky for us, the mass was just about to start so we stayed and heard mass while we were there.

Unfortunately, their offices were closed on Sundays. Good thing, I already looked up the rates, contact information, and other details online so I pretty much know how much it will cost. Instead, we just took some pictures and tried to get a feel of the church. Here are some images:

The altar just looks stunning!

The entrance/exit doors

The entrance/exit doors

St. John Bosco Parish Makati
Address: Arnaiz Avenue, Makati City, 1200 Philippines
Tel. (+632) 894-5932 to 34
Email: sjb.makati@gmail.com; www.sjbmakati.com

Rate: P17,000.00 (without airconditioning) or P22,500.00 (with airconditioning)

PRO's:
  • Beautiful Altar. I could just imagine pictorials with the stunning background
  • Air-conditioned
  • Spacious
  • Accessible
  • Reasonable Rate
CON's:
  • Short aisle: Short distance from the door to the altar (I want to march a little bit longer LOL)
  • Door isn't dramatic enough for me (LOL, arte lang)
Despite the PRO's and my super mababaw cons, I didn't feel that it was the church for me. I could imagine myself getting married there, but it wasn't something that made my heart skip a beat. So on to the next church...


No comments:

Post a Comment